Friday, October 23, 2015

A new path...

A New Path...

Dear Friends,

I have just walked down a new path that I hope you do not travel on...

I know that some of you have seen or heard my most recent news about some health issues.

Here is a summary of the past few days.

I had not been feeling well for the past few weeks so I went in Thursday for a complete physical and blood work. Well during the physical they found that my spleen was enlarged and that some of my blood work showed critically low levels. They sent me across the street where I was admitted to the hospital.

Since then they have done a CAT scan which showed several enlarged lymph-nodes. They have been working for the past 20 hours to try and stabilize my blood levels so that additional test can be done. At this time if my levels stay up following platelets and a blood transfusion then I will undergo some biopsy tests in the next few days. Right now they are just trying to stabilize my levels then they can begin to explore the cause.

Here are specific prayer request: 1- Please pray that my levels will stabilize so that I can begin testing to discover the cause. 2- Pray that they can discover the cause. According to my doctors there is a large range of possibilities from an infection to cancer (praying for easily treated and completely curable). 3- I am scheduled to lead a team to Haiti in 14 days- pray that if I can then I will be able to go. 4- Please pray for Tricia, Grandma and the kids! I am blessed to have an incredible faith family and a loving family by my side.

Thank you for your prayers!

Blessings!

Skipper

10 comments:

  1. I love you my friend and you are in my prayers, absolutely. May God's healing hands embrace you in body and spirit. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Skipper!! I will be praying for your wife and your family. You got my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you brother! We are also praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for you. We love you, Skipper.
    Sylvia and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear friend, praying for you and your precious family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Need to know I am sad to hear of this. Need to know want you to get better so we can chat more. Love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for you. Prayers for the Doctors. Prayers for you sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are on my mind constantly and in my prayers. Please let your mom know I'm praying.

    ReplyDelete